Explore the vibrant bazaar of Udaipur, the city of lakes, whose foundation was laid by Maharana Udai Singh II, ruler of Mewar. The old ghats (riverbanks) are pristine and a meeting place of sorts where people are busy carrying on their day to day activities.
On this tour:
• The walk starts at the Jagdish temple, a large Hindu temple in the middle of Udaipur which showcases a mixture of Indo-Aryan Architecture.
• From here, we will follow a route that goes through Gangaur Ghat, Udaipur’s enthralling ghat.
• See the Ghantaghar (Clock Tower) and marvel at its architecture.
• Walk through the Jewellery and Fabric market, Mochiwada (shoe market), Utensils market, Sabzi Mandi (vegetable market), Kumbharwada (Potters Colony), Wariyon ki Ghati (ghat of the leaf workers), Kasara ki Ol (metal-workers bazaar) and get an insight into the life of the city’s locals.
• Here you can view the women haggling with the shop owners and see how the people make an earning out of tiny stores.
Duration of the Tour: 2-3 hours.