Hyderabad’s claim to fame, the Charminar was built in 1591 as a mosque. The monument and its surrounds are synonymous with Hyderabad and are famous around the world. Walking in the vicinity, one can explore the major monuments in the precinct and get a glimpse into the life and times of Hyderabad from the Qutb Shahi period to the Nizams and beyond.
During the Tour:
• View the Charminar and the surrounding Mecca Masjid in all their glory. These monuments are Hyderabad’s shining stars and showcase a glorious historical account of the city.
• Lad Bazaar, Metal market, Meat market and the Birds market are some of the famed bazaars, which you can explore while we walk around to view street life.
• While walking through the busy streets, you also see Hyderabad's everyday life, including food stalls and famous traditional crafts such as zardosi workshops, lac bangle workshops, etc.
• See the monuments that lend an old world charm to the city – the Shahi Jilu Khana, Mehboob Chowk Clocktower, Homeopathy hospital, Chowk mosque, Abdarkhana, Asman Jah deodi, Khurshid Jah deodi and Iqbal-ud-daulah deodi are India’s heritage.
• Spend 45 minutes at the Chowmahalla Palace museum.
Duration of the Tour: 3 hours