Few people know that the Jewish community in India, though a minority is rather strong. Comprising of three distinct groups – Bene Israel, the Malabar Jewish Community and the Iraqi Jews their history goes back 2000 years with evidence listed on local cemeteries in Hebrew.
Even though the community has shrunk in size over the years, one cannot deny the involvement they have in the history of this magnificent city.
In this Tour....
• This itinerary combines Jewish History along with the history of traditional Indian temples and palaces.
• You start your day with a visit to the Knesseth Eliahoo Synagogue that was built in 1884.
• You also visit the Magen David Synagogue a beautiful building with heritage significance.
• The Tiphereth Israel Synagogue is one of the oldest synagogues in the city.
• The tour includes a visit to the ORT and a meet with Mr. Benjamin Isaac.
• You also get to explore the Mercy Synagogue or the Juni Masjid that was established in 1796.