The General Bazaar in the neighbourhood of Kalasiguda was created in the early 1800s soon after the establishment of Hyderabad’s twin city Secunderabad. It is predominantly a Hindu precinct, which is unfrequented by tourists, giving one the perfect opportunity to “shop like a local.”
During the Tour:
• Walk around General Bazaar and you soon discover that it truly lives up to its name and offers everything under the sun.
• Famous for its gold and jewellery shops, one can buy intricate pieces of traditional handmade jewellery here.
• Studded with zari/kanchi saree shops, this area has ample wedding related shops to fulfil a bride’s every need.
• See the Mahankali Temple, built in the 17th century where devotees throng to especially during significant religious days.
• For those who wish to try a fine sample of Hyderabadi biryani, the famous Paradise restaurant is only a few minutes' walk away. Ask the guide to take you there at the end of the tour.
Duration of the Tour: 1.5 hours