In spite of its prevalence in India medicine through the 18th and 19th centuries, Tea grew to become an integral part of life here after the British started plantations for exports to Britain. Tea drinking in the modern sense essentially commenced in the early 1900s when British-Owned Indian Tea Associations began their efforts to popularize this beverage here.
By the end of the millennium, India was responsible for the consumption of 70% of the huge crop production of 715,000 tons every year.
What to Expect in this Tour
• Start your journey into the history of team with an appreciation and tasting workshop that will be conducted at an indoor venue
• In this workshop, get introduced to various tea growing regions and estates and understand the production cycle as well as culture in India
• Here, you will also learn the fine art of preparing the perfect cup of masala chai and a few other specialty teas
• At the end of this workshop, you will visit a quaint and delightful tea shop that sells varieties of specialty Indian teas
• If you are adventurous enough, try a masala chai at a roadside tea stall
Total Tour Duration: 3 Hours