Hyderabad’s varied and diverse cuisines, with influences from fiery south Indian Andhra cooking as well as aromatic Mughlai-influenced dishes are celebrated the world over. Illustrious amongst these are the dum biryani, biscuits, nihari, etc. Get introduced to Hyderabad’s foodie secrets and savour the best street food on this tour.
In this Tour:
• Explore Mir Alam mandi (market), a vibrant and busy specialty food market which sells every ingredient imaginable to man, including fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, spices, grains, pickles, sweets, savouries, etc. to cook a scrumptious meal.
• Visit a local café for tea (Irani chai) and taste some of Hyderabad’s famous biscuits. They will definitely whet up your appetite for the culinary journey that follows.
• Walk through the markets near the iconic Charminar, seeing how different kinds of street foods are made, such as kulchas, doshas, etc., and also see vark (edible silver leaf) being made.
• Watch women haggling with the vendors while they purchase their daily groceries and be anamoured by the colours and vivacity of the marketplace.
• The walk ends at a popular local restaurant specializing in dishes like biryani, nihari, paya, etc., where you can have a meal if you wish.
Duration of the Tour: 1.5 hours