The Meera Kala Mandir is devoted to the preservation of traditional dance forms. These many forms represent the wide variety of tribal traditions, thematic stories told through the music, and purposes for which the dance is performed
During the Show:
• Watch the Bhawai performance act of dancing while balancing terracotta jars on the head. It is very entertaining indeed.
• Get mesmerized by the Mayur form of dance which is based upon the dialogues of the peacock and peahen. It is very vibrant and colorful due to the feathered costumes.
• Watch various sword related dances performed by the men.
• See the charismatic showcase of both beauty and musical skill in the Tera Taal Dance, which includes the acrobatic balancing of pots and the rhythmic use of the tiny cymbal-like manjeeras that are tied to the hands, legs, arms, and shoulders of the colorfully costumed women.
• You also get to see a live performance of music using traditional instruments, which accompanies all the dancing.
Duration of the Show: One hour.