Visit a plantation, learn about spices, ride an elephant, see a Hindu temple
Chiefly dealing in articles like spices, calico and precious metals amongst other goods, Goa emerged as one of the most important centres for trade during the ancient and medieval times. Local spice plantations have spruced up the economy of this state and some of these also herd elephants, making them great attractions for tourists who want to spend a relaxed day while learning more about the ingredients of Indian cuisine and children and adults get an opportunity to interact with elephants!
In this Tour:
• Visit a plantation at Ponda which grows various spices including Black pepper, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Cloves, Chillies, Coriander, etc.
• The friendly workforce takes you around and gives an introduction to the various spices and the other tropical produce of the farm.
• See Goa's typical tropical trees like Cashew, Areca nut (Betel nut) and palm.
• Tropical Fruit like Star fruit, Jack Fruit, Custard Apple, Bananas, Papayas, Pineapple and Citrus Fruits are also seen.
• Various local birds are also sighted at the plantation.
• The plantation also offers elephant rides and elephant bathing which is a delight for children and adults alike.
• They serve traditional Goan lunch in their open area restaurant in case you wish to eat there.
• This area has many temples, so if interested, you can visit the Mangeshi Temple and understand more about the local customs and traditions.
Duration of the Tour: Full day - 8 hours (Car Tour).