Sankotra Haveli was built in the 17th Century when the town of Jaipur was founded and was granted to the Sankotra Family in 1668. It has its own unique charm, being very close to Sanganeri Gate, the main entrance to Johari Bazaar, one of Jaipur’s busiest markets. The haveli is popularly known as Kanch Ka Darwaja because of the beautiful glass work inside, and it is one of the oldest Havelis in Jaipur City.
In this Tour:
• Visit the Sankotra Haveli that has been the official residence of the Sankotra Family for the past eight generations.
• View its original architecture, which consists of seven terraces and three open courtyards overlooking the building, with twenty to twenty five rooms in all, one of which is known as the Kach Mahal which is painted with real gold, and walls of the Mahal have a double glass paneling which makes the room sound proof.
• View the Haveli’s small collection of family guns, some of which have been restored for some generations.
• Learn how to make some Indian dishes and witness a traditional cooking demonstration. Here you understand the techniques and essential ingredients of Rajasthani cuisine.
• Enjoy a succulent dinner with three generations of the noble Sankotra family.