Pune has a distinct cuisine of its own – a lipsmackingly tasty one at that. The best way to get acquainted with a regions food is neither on the streets, nor in fancy hotels, but in enjoying a traditional dinner cooked with love at a local house. And how else to get familiarised with a cuisine’s ingredients than by visiting a local market and sensitising your senses with the aroma of the ingredients, range of colours, fell of the condiments, etc.
In this tour:
• Visit the neighbourhood food market and get introduced to the spices, fruits and vegetables used in Indian cooking. If you have any questions about it, they will be readily answered.
• Visit a local home, for an interactive cooking session which is led by the lady of the house. There is no “standard menu” for the meal; it is based on the season and what’s available in the market.
• While this is not a cooking class conducted by professionals, you’ll find yourself learning a lot about Indian food because of the interactive and friendly nature of the session.
• If you do not wish to participate in the cooking and prefer to only watch and photograph, that is fine as well.
• Cooking takes between 60 – 90 minutes, after which you will eat together.
Duration: 4 hours.