Bikaner's Old City area is a cocktail of traditional neighbourhoods, with narrow lanes, heritage mansions, residential areas and buzzing colourful bazaars. Exploring the Old City's lively street culture and stately homes (havelis) travelling by autorickshaw (tuktuk) and on foot, through the narrow lanes can be an unreal experience.
Tour Consists of:
• The tour begins with an unforgettable autorickshaw ride to the Old City, upto the Jain Bhandasar temple.
• Climbing up to the first floor of the temple offers paranormal views of the city and is an ideal location for a basic introduction to the area.
• From here, we begin an exploration on foot, walking through the multicoloured bangle market, spice market, Tea Street and vegetable market, which are always lively.
• Continuing further through residential and commercial areas, we will arrive at Rampuria Street, which showcases some excellent examples of Bikaner's traditional red sandstone havelis with marvellous carvings reflecting the personal tastes of the rich merchants who built them, as well as the mix of architectural styles in vogue in the 1900’s.
• After taking a refreshing tea break at one of the havelis, which has now been converted into a beautiful heritage hotel, we will drop you back to your hotel by autorickshaw.
Duration of the Tour: 2 hours