When in Tamil Nadu’s culinary capital Chennai, the best way to savour an authentic South Indian meal is by having it at a Tamilian home. As an added bonus, you can learn about the intricacies of their cooking styles, modes and techniques.
Set of Choices:
While the menu is generally variable, typically it consists of the following:
• To start with – A fried starter with chutney and South Indian filter coffee.
• The main meal – Parota (bread), korma (a curry dish, chicken/vegetarian depending on your preference), a rice dish and accompaniments, and a dessert.
In this Tour:
• Before we start the cooking, we will provide an introduction to the ingredients and spices that we are using.
• The ingredients are usually easily available in stores all over the world, so you can replicate these dishes back home.
• Recipes for all dishes will be provided.
• Those who wish to participate can help not only in chopping and prepping the ingredients, but also in cooking.
• Please let your hostess know whether you prefer to watch and photograph step by step, or do some hands-on cooking.
How to book this tour:
• Write to us and tell us how many people you are, and the possible dates that work for you.
• We will check availability and get back to you with costs.
• If there is something specific you want to learn, please let us know in advance and we’ll check whether it is feasible.
Total time: Approximately 4 hours