At a short distance of 9 km from Chennai city, the Cholamandal Artist’s Village is an enchanting one for art lovers and novices alike. Where today the artists live together as a community, nurturing their skill and resources, this village was formed in 1964 with a handful of students from the Madras School of Arts and crafts with Late K.C.S Paniker as its founding principal.
In this Tour:
• View the exclusive permanent art gallery where all the notable exhibitions of art and culture are held.
• Get mesmerized by the marvelous Sculptures made of granite; wood, copper and bronze, made by the artists of this village.
• See the open-air theater which serves as a platform for performing arts, exhibiting poetry recitation sessions, dance rehearsals and other performances.
• Shop the exclusive pieces of terracotta, painting, pottery and batik prepared by the artists at this village, which serves as a meeting place of all the notable international artists in a rural surrounding.
• Purchase traditional artistic pieces and paintings of Gods and Goddesses or modern arts in oils, graphics, prints etc.
Tour Duration: 4 hours