If you are charmed by colourful bazaars; if you like discovering local food and culture, you will thoroughly enjoy an exploration of Ernakulam's Broadway area – the traditional nerve-centre of business in the city, which appeals due to its knack of selling everything under the sun and its proximity to one of Cochin’s most popular promenades - Marine Drive.
In this Tour:
• Take a public ferry to reach Broadway and Marine drive from Fort Kochi and enjoy breathtaking views of the backwaters during the twenty minute ride.
• After disembarking at Ernakulam Jetty, we will walk along the picturesque Marine Drive promenade, until we reach the bazaar.
• We will explore the car-free pedestrian zone by foot, travelling through several winding streets, seeing fruit and vegetable shops, spice shops, a bustling fish market, cloth merchants, hardware stores, footwear shops, grains and oils, etc. which offer a great insight into traditional Kerala cooking.
• Lining the streets, many of these shops have long established reputations, with third or fourth generation family owners. Here, you can learn about the way these businesses work.
• The walk ends at the CSI Immanuel Church, the oldest Protestant church in Ernakulam.
Tour Duration: 3-4 hours