Ghantaghar Market is undoubtably Jodhpur’s busiest marketplace, and also its largest. Selling everything under the sun, it is well known and often too crowded, given us the spectacular opportunity catch a glimpse of the lifestyle, habits, dressing, culture, etc of the locals of Jodhpur.
On this Tour:
• Walk through the Ghantaghar (Clock Tower) area, and experience its pulsating vibe.
• See the wholesale grain market, the bamboo market, spice sellers, colourful local grocery shops, shops selling milk, cheese and milk products, tea shops, fabric and jewellery shops, agricultural implements, fruits, vegetables, local beauty products...the list is endless!
• Every little shop presents interesting insights about life in this region of Rajasthan.
• Colourfully dressed men and women from adjoining rural areas flock to this market for their needs, so this walk also provides great opportunities for seeing different communities that make up the Marwar region.
• It also gives you a chance to shop!
Duration of the Tour: 2 hours